Located on the Norwalk/Westport border,
Sprite Island is one of Fairfield County’s best-kept secrets.
From the moment you step onto the beautifully manicured front lawn you will know you arrived to a majestic place. Sprite Island offers its members the perfect blend of community and solitude; whether picnicking & grilling, watching the magnificent sunsets, or sun-bathing on the sheltered and natural swimming beach, Sprite Island offers a plethora of places to escape to. Our harbor provides mooring options as well as the perfect place for kayaking, paddle boarding or sailing. Take a swim along our plush shoreline, sunbathe on the swim platform or cast your fishing line; the activities are limitless for adults, kids and families alike!
In addition to the beautiful landscape, friendly environment, and accessibility, Sprite Island offers its members many amenities and activities.
- Boat launch service to and from the island
- Lockers to store gear, personal items and essentials
- Clubhouse with restrooms, shower & changing rooms, kitchen & library
- The ‘Capstan’ – Sprite Island’s concession stand
- Our Mooring Field is able to accommodate day sailors, cruisers, and power boats
- Max draft – 4.5 feet
- Separate dry sail launch area with storage facilities for kayaks, paddle boards, dry sails, and Catamarans
- Tent rental accommodations
- Camping accommodations
- Kiddie playground and activities field
- Open access to the Salt waters of the LI sound
- Sprite Island Yacht club is a member of the Flying Scot Sailing Association and participates in various regattas throughout the season
- Watch the fleet race on Sundays from the Island bluff, one of the highest point on LI Sound
- For kids - various activities from fishing and sailing tournaments, the annual Olympics, scavenger hunts, ice cream social, movie nights, crafts and more
- For adults - Sunday happy hours, annual clambake and beach party, Ladies social, and other off-season gatherings throughout the year
- For all - we celebrate Fourth of July – the best place to watch the fireworks, Labor Day picnic with live musical entertainment and Oktoberfest complete with sauerkraut and lederhosen!
What members have to say about Sprite Island:
"Summer just wouldn’t be summer without Sprite. I am on a mini-vacation each time I visit the island.” - Carol Harrigan, member since 1989
“Finding Sprite forever changed our summers, adding endless hours of waterfront fun, new friends, and a perfect base from which to enjoy boating on Long Island Sound. Swimming on the beach, sunsets on the great lawn, and grilling with our kids will define their childhood summers, infused with island exploration, sailing, and friends who will last a lifetime.” - Jim Siewart, member since 2016
“I grew up on this island and spent my formative years working here as a launch operator. It’s a privilege to be returning as the club manager.” - Jeremie Blais, member since 1993
For any questions regarding membership or to book a tour of the island, email [email protected].
To access the SIYC on line application,
click here: Membership Application